This FAQ page contains frequently asked questions we get from customers when they call us.
Generally we get all kinds of questions from customers when they call to book a party or special event. But, we often get similar questions depending on the service (DJ, MC, Photo, Video). On this page we will try to answer any concerns you may have. For more detailed information or if you don’t see the answers to your questions below please call to speak to a friendly customer care representative. Our team is always ready to help make sure we plan the perfect party for you. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQ) and answers below.
- How long have you been in business? Our team at Long Island Party People brings over 20 years experience making sure everything goes smoothly and that everyone has fun at the party.
- How much do you charge? We offer different packages for each kind of party and event. The price for each event usually depends on what service(s) you are looking for, what kind of party you are having, how many people will be attending, etc. Please feel free to call and speak with a customer care specialist so that we can more accurately answer any questions you may have. We are happy to help make sure you have as much fun and get the best deal possible.
- Do you take credit cards? Yes , we accept all major credit cards.
- Do you have insurance? Yes, we have insurance. Your event and all of your guests are always fully protected.
- Do you have references/reviews?Yes, of course! Our customers love us and you can see for yourself. Check out our customer reviews and see for yourself that you will be getting an experienced team of party planning professionals.
- Where are you located? We are a Long Island based party planning company located here in the heart of Nassau County. With over 20 years experience in the LI Party Planning industry you can be confident that our team will make sure everything goes smooth and your guests have tons of fun.
- Do you travel to Suffolk, 5 boroughs or outside of NY? Yes, yes, and yes! Our team frequently services parties in locations ranging from Suffolk County to Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and anywhere around NYC. We also have plenty of experience working all around the Tri-State area.
- What kind of music do you play? We can play any kind of music you want. You are in total control. Often customers want us to pick the music and will have requests during the party as well. Generally, we like to set up a phone call or meeting with you if possible to go over what kind of play list would be best for your party.
- Can we provide you with lists of songs for DO and DO NOT play lists? Yes. Obviously having a better idea of what kind of music you and your guests want will make it easier to provide a better experience. We want to make sure you and your guests enjoy the music and have as much fun as possible at your party or special event so we always welcome playlists and suggestions.
- What kind of equipment do you use? You will always get professional sound and lighting equipment. Please check out some of our customer reviews and see for yourself that you will be getting experienced party professionals.
- How soon In advance do we have to book? This really depends on what kind of party you are planning. Generally, it is always smart to book at least a month in advance. If your event date is a holiday or other popular party date, it would be wise to think ahead. But either way, even if you are planning something on short notice, we can almost always make sure everything is planned quickly. Our staff will be on time and have everything set up properly. Most importantly, everyone will have tons of fun.
- How early do you guys arrive at event? Although this depends on what services you choose, our team will always show up early and make sure everyone is ready to party often before the scheduled start time. Our rule is to be ready to go at least 15 minutes early or more when possible.
- How long does it take to set up? Depending on the services you choose, we can usually have everything set up and ready in between 10-30 minutes. Each party and special event is different, but we very rarely have issues getting set up and ready to get the party started on time.
- How long does it take to break down? Also depending on the services you choose, the average clean up time is about 15-30 minutes.
- Do you make the candle lighting list? The fast answer is Yes. Whether you are planning a Sweet 16, Bar Mitzvah or Bat Mitzvah, you can work with one of our party planning experts if you choose to completely customize your candle lists. We have a lot of experience making sure this and other special moments go exactly as planned.
- Do you do giveaways? Yes, we love to do giveaways, and it puts a little extra fun into the party. Giveaways are fully customizable and extra fees apply. This is especially popular with our DJ services for Kids parties.
- Can we adjust the volume? Yes, you can always ask for the volume to be adjusted. We will need to lower the volume for speeches or other reasons during the party. Often people will just get really into the music and want to crank it up!
- Can we sing if we want?Yes, the microphone is always available for speeches and sometimes people just want to sing their favorite songs.